Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Packing, planning, packing, planning...

My Room, New Zealand. 9:18 PM Tuesday, 13th of July, 2010

Whew- thought setting up a blog for my Canada trip would be a good idea. ^_^ Most of you reading this probably already know me, if not- well... I'm not good at introductions... But basically, I'm Icey, teenage girl who defines herself as crazy and insane, living down in New Zealand. I draw, write. My Favorite Movie(s) are Star Wars, and my favorite book series is and Dragons in our Midst / Oracles of Fire.

So, I figured that I'd start a blog to keep track of my trip to Canada- sorta like an online journal. Now, I won't have internet access the whole time I'm in Canada, so I'll probably write posts offline sometimes and post them later. So the time stamps on my posts probably won't be correct, so I'll say what time, when, and where on my posts. ;)

The Flight leaves tomorrow some time around 8 PM, and I haven't started packing yet- I know, I'm terrible. :p Right now I'm going over my mental checklist of preparation- I've charged the camera battery, I'll leave the laptop on the charger tonight and tomorrow until we have to go, I've gotta bring the webcam (Dad's gonna pester us for a week with it when we're in Calgary. :p) I've got the most recent Edits of Thaihaelon on the laptop- and the whole first draft... I've got my pen tablet to pack, and my handbag to stuff full with as much stuff as I can possibly fit in it.

Heh, that reminds me of last time I was going to Canada- And also when i went to Australia last year in March. I stuff my handbag so full, it's amazing people aren't suspicious that I have weapons in there! I mean, I know they have security scans- but it looks like I'm carrying a bomb. :p But on my last trip to Canada, in my carry on suitcase- which is actually my Ice Skate bag -I totally forgot to remove my skipping rope! It's kind of a gel like plastic- which should have been caught in the scanners. When we got back home and Mum found out- Whew, her eyes almost popped out of her head. That's when it dawned on me it could be used for strangling people. Heh, dark humor... Sorry. :p

But yes, my current issue that I face now is weather or not I try and stay up late, or just go to bed. of all the movies on the plane, I only really want to watch three of them. Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs, How to train your Dragon and Alice in Wonderland.
...
On a thirteen hour flight, That's not going to fill much. And I rarely sleep on airplanes... Last time we went to Canada, I was up the WHOLE flight. So- do I try exhaust myself and stay up till the early morn, and fall asleep while packing, look almost dead and be unrecognizable compared to my passport photo? or do I try to fall asleep and end up awake the whole flight again? XD Well, considering right now I've got KOTOR (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) downloading/installing on the laptop here, I've got to wait until that's done- so it'll be some time after 10 PM... I guess I'll just stay up until then and then go to bed.

One of the things I know I'm gonna do when in Canada is something I NEVER really enjoy doing- shopping. Honestly, y'all who think shopping is a Saturday morning sport are just plain nuts. it's NOT a sport, it's TORTURE. But mind you, bookstores aren't that bad. I plan on going to a few bookstores while over there, as our stores here in comparison... Well... let's just say our largest The Warehouse, is kinda like the SMALL Walmart's or Costco's. Heh, seriously, I really do thing that in the USA and in Canada, they super-size EVERYTHING... except for Cars... We super-size cars here. XD I tell you all, Four-Wheel-Drives are NOT needed in the city except for the giant road curbs...

but there you have it for now, I guess I'll update tomorrow with how the packing goes- before this laptop ends up in my over-sized bomb-looking handbag. :p
Until next time, this has been Ice_Fire, the crazy nut-case, oxymoron and general strange person, disappearing through the screen layer. :p Yes, that was related to Thaihaelon.

2 comments:

  1. How to Train Your Dragon! :D

    Bomb-looking handbag? Hmm. You know, they really should just make a device that sets off any explosive you're carrying on you. Then they wouldn't have to have so many regulations, and they could take care of justice and security in one swoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^.^ HI! Have a safe trip! (and shopping is only fun when you have the money to waste....which I normally don't :) )

    ReplyDelete