Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Air Canada.

Grandma and Grandpa's house, Canada. 10:00 PM, 14 of July, 2010

This blog post is currently unavailable.
...
But no, seariously- the Air Canada in flight 'entertainment' just, well, failed. After I finished my previous blog post, I began recalling memories from my last trip to Canada, where we also had to do a transfer in Vancouver, via Air Canada. Those were happy memories. It seems that long gone- or at least, two years gone -are the days when you didn't have to pay three dollars extra for your cheap headphones that would fall out of your ears anyway, being earbuds that would permanently wreck your hearing. Gone are the days when you didn't have to pay three dollars for a pillow and blanket for in-flight use only. Gone are the days when- Oh just forget about my reminicing. But Seriously, five dollars for a small piece of pizza that is only avalible on a ninty or more minute flight? That's just a bit sad.
However, you did get a free drink of either water, juice, milk, tea, coffee, or varrious kidns of fizzy drink. or again- as they say here, Pop. I asked for water and they had to go back to the galley to get it. So one of the plane hostesses handed the cup of water to another one and pointed at me saying: "The water is for that lady there." ... wait for it... "Here's your water, Madam." The second one handed me the cup. SERIOUSLY, SO I REALLY LOOK THAT OLD? XD I did however feel rather young when I had a little laugh about one of the snacks you got on the flight to Calgary. "Maized and Confused Corn Chips." ...This was revlutionary to me, because I never knew food could get confused! We kept the packet to take a photo of. ;)
Yoshi's havign a hard time ajustign to the lingo here. He tried to explain "Fanta" to the person at teh counter of AJ's (fast food place.) and they're like, "Orange Pop?" and he's like, "No, Fanta!" And I'm like, "Yoshi, they're the same thing." And after a while, he eventually gives in. (The same thing happend on the Air Canada fligth too, he ended up just gettign a Sprite then. XD) So after we finished our drinks, (I got a strawberry milkshake- I must say I think it was the nicest oen I've ever had. :p) my Auntie who had collected us from the airport who was with us, told my brother to "Put the glasses in the bin"... He was confused, as a bim in NZ is a rubbish bin- and these were glass cups/mugs she was taling about... She had to quickly explain that she meant the shallow 'bin like' containter beside the actual bin.
Small update tonight- as there's nto too much to say right now. We're all tiired here, but we've arrived safe and sound. ^_^ I'm off to bed, but I'll take pictures of it here soon. It's kinda of like a small forest- and to those of you that have read the prolouge of my story, Thaihaelon, the forest Aluria was running through was based of this place. ;) It's great to explore. :D
until next time, this is Icey disapperaing though the screen layer.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Fanta *chuckles* If I thought really hard I would have been able to figure that one out, since I believe I've had Fanta before ;)

    ~Brenna Luthien (DIOM forum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTA! :P That's a brand...I believe...hehe ^.^ Orange pop <3 it....confused corn chips? O.o never heard of that....bin would normally mean....IDK with me...a bin? haha...I call the garbage bin the trash....hehe

    ReplyDelete