Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I took a ride in the TARDIS!

Vancouver airport, Canada. 3:00PM, 14th of July, 2010

Well, I'm back at teh start of today, sitting here at the gate for our next flight from Vancouver to Calgary. In the distance I can see a few mountains and a little snow, but it looks like early spring- Grandpa was sure right when he said Summer hadn't really come yet! The flight here was LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! Like I think I've said before- around thirteen hours. And of course I find it extreamly hard to fall asleep on planes. I did manage to collapse onto Mum's lap with a pillow though. :p I /MAYBE/ managed three horus sleep- not sure.
As for the Movies on the airplane, I didn't get thorugh my list, as I was too tired to watch any more than one movie. However, I did glance over at Mum and Yoshi's screens from time to time and watched snippits of "How to train your Dragon" and "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs". The only movie I REALLY watched on the plane was "Alice in Wonderland"- which was a very strange movie to say the least. And it didn't help that the airplane headphones seem to get worse every year. The volumes were everywhere; loud background sounds would blare in my ears, and talking characters seemed almost mure, just barely whispering. Though I'll asmit it was a well made movie- it's just not my kidn of movie.
Another thing, why is it I always get seated behidn the people who are determined to recline in their chair's the WHOLE FLIGHT? I mean, dinner was practicly in my face without my needing to pick anythign up to eat, and the built in chair-screen was also VERY clearly in my line of sight. And did I mention the person behind me seemed determaned to kick me all the way to the airplane cockpit? My chair seemed to be in constant motion- and not just from being inside the airplane!
Also, I really do wish that they changed the way the seats in planes are arranged, or remove any movie with a higher ratign than PG. Preferably the second. With how the seats are set up in the Air New Zealand planes, you can see any person diagonal from you's screen. The person diagonal from me (I was on an isle seat) watched memerous shows. The movie "The Runaways" and TV show "Glee" for example. Now- there's nothing I can do to get that person's screen out of my view- and it didn';t help that people on other isle seats on the opposite side of the isle from me watched graphic war movies, "Harry Potter" and "The Bounty Hunter"... To deal with the problem of people diagonaly in front of you, (this won't work for people on opposing isle seats) use your in-flight blanket and put it over the tops of the chairs you can see between.
The food was typical airplane food. Mind you, I was glad to hear Butter Chicken as an option. THough- we were right at the back of the plane, so we got our food last... There's always a high chance they'll run out of what you're wanting for dinner. (Thankfully they didn't though.) It's uauly the same case with breakfast too. Yoshi almost ended up with eggs for breakfast- and Dad knows all to well what that would have meant. :p Thankfully they managed to find one last serving of pancakes for him. I had eggs however, and foudn them plastic-like-tasting... The sausage that same with the eggs wasn't that bad though. It could have been better, but it was still edible.
One of THE funniest- or conserning -things that happened during the flight was near the start of the flight when they were offering drinks to people. So when they got to me and asked what I wanted to drink, I asked what there was... XD Now, for beer, ale, spirits, wins and cocktails- all of those alcoholic beverages -you have to look over twenty five to be offerd them in New Zealand... (to legally have them you have to be eighteen or over.) So apparently either the guy serving drinks has a strange sense of humor, or I look really old. Heh, I got an L&P. (For those who don't know, an L&P is a new Zealand fizzy (or 'Pop') drink made of Lemonade and mineral water from a place in New Zealand called Paeroa)
Well, Yoshi's wanting to play Age of Empires now, so he'll probably drain the battery. I'll write another post when I can, and post the previous blog post, this one, and the new one, hopefully in one go. >.<>.<>.<>.<
This is Icey disapperaing throug the screenlayer. ;)

3 comments:

  1. You were just a few hours north of me when you posted this. If only your layover had been longer! Hope you're having a good time in Canada though. And for the record, some people call it "pop", but it's soda. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Icey
    10 hi call dad for chat
    20 goto 10

    Loopy daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sani Haahaa, well, I couldn't erally have left the airport- so you'd have to get into the departure gate's somehow... And unless you're flying somewhere from Vancouver... I don't think we could have met up there...

    @Dad Hi Dad. :p Loopy, eh? What's with the numbers?

    ReplyDelete