Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Why I hate flying.

Las Angeles Airport, California, United States. 5:11 PM, 15th of August, 2010.

Las Angeles Airport, California, United States. 5:11 PM, 15th of August, 2010.
Why I hate flying.

Well, that was a rush. We had every imaginable delay at the Calgary airport. We even got there two hours early and we still ended up delaying the flight. Let’s go back to the start of today, when I got up and had breakfast. Milk with Milo and Strawberry Jam on bread. (For those who don’t know what Milo is, it’s a chocolaty type drink-mix that you have with milk. better than nesquik(sp?) or chocolate milk. :p) So yep, I ate breakfast, and got packed. My Auntie stayed the night with us out at Grandma and Grandpa’s last night, and she was the last one up this morning amazingly. So we got ready to go, and she drove us into the city to the Calgary airport... It wasn’t until I got out of the car at teh airport after an hour long drive, I’d left the book I was reading back at Grandma and Grandpa’s. I’ve been kicking myself for hours and hours now and am still furious with myself by the way. mum said we could check the store at the airport- which took not even five minutes, and they didn’t have the book there... Then we got in line and it was three times longer than when we’d gone to find the bookstore. Stupid stupid stupid me again! ARGH!

So after a long time- over an hour and a half of standing in a queue to get through customs- that only really was meant to take twenty minutes by the estimate they gave us... Apparently they’d taken pretty much everyone EXCEPT US out of the queue and jumped them ahead to get them to the plane on time. We got to the carry on bag scans with five minutes until our plane was about to take off, and everyone else was already on board. Then turns out Mum accidentally put some Sunscreen in one of the carry on’s... Ten minutes later we’re SPRINTING through the long hallway of gates to get to the last one where everyone was waiting for us. >.<>.<>

Hey DioMers in Cali, I’m in you state now.
(And really- right now, I can’t wait to get out of it. LAX is too crowded, and not big enough, and the ‘bookstore’ here is a small magazine stand that should be burnt for multiple reasons. (content) So yeah...) Hopefulyl things get better when I’m at Raro, if not, then probably won’t until I’m home- home properly, not only home for a month. I WANT NOVEMBER!

I’ll keep on posting when in Raro; Dad says the place we’re staying has internet. So until next time, this is Icey disappearing through the screen layer.

2 comments:

  1. O.o LAX isn't big enough? That place is huge! Trust me. I had to drag a large, stuffed duffel bag and a backpack from one end of that airport to the other. It's plenty big. :p It was also a lot of fun both times I was there. Sorry it was so awful for you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Airports are cool (not cold) furthermore I find them roomy enough, although I say if I hadn't clung to DADS laptop bag I would have lost myself in hongkong on my way to Scotland. But, hey your almost back and on that note I say only one more thing: ROBIN HOOD.................

    ReplyDelete